[xmonad] small problems with doFullFloat

Lara Michaels laramichaels1978 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 21:33:12 EDT 2010

Dear Henrique, Wirt and Lythis,

Thank you for your great help. I added

isFullscreen --> doF W.focusDown <+> doFullFloat

which does allow me to use windows in other monitors without making the Youtube video disappear. The downside is that it works *for as long as I am careful not to accidentally return focus to the fullscreen video*. Once that happens, the video is gone for good if I switch to another monitor/window. But even with this small imperfection it is already useful.
(Is there a way around this?)

@Lythis: I also tried Gnash, but found that the CPU usage stays at 100% even after the Youtube video stops playing... : / It does handle the screen resizing much better than Adobe's player, though. Thank you for the tip!

Best
~l