[xmonad] darcs patches for tiled hinted mplayer with fullscreen working

Gmail audunskaugen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:54:35 EDT 2010

På Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:08:30 +0200, skrev Tomas Janousek <tomi at nomi.cz>:

>> 2 patches for repository http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib:
>>
>> Tue Jul  6 20:57:51 CEST 2010  Tomas Janousek <tomi at nomi.cz>
>>   * X.H.EwmhDesktops: advertise fullscreen in _NET_SUPPORTED and handle
>> it by default
>
> This is a bit questionable, I know. There must have been a reason why
> fullscreenEventHook isn't used by default, but I feel that it should be
> advertised only if it's used, so I did it this way. Should ewmh take a
> flag
> that can turn off fullscreen support? Is there a way to make the list of
> supported NETWM props easily extensible?

The current fullscreenEventHook simply fullfloats the window and tiles it
when it requests to unfullscreen, which is a bit questionable since the
window might not have been tiled before it was fullscreened.

I am currently experimenting with broadcasting a layout message instead of
fullfloating it, so that the layout itself (or a layout modifier) can
handle
fullscreening. This lets you do neat things like making the window
fullscreen
only if it is focused. However, floating windows are event harder to
handle in
this mode.

In conclusion, I'd prefer if it was kept out of the default for now.

--
Audun Skaugen