[xmonad] Issue 360 in xmonad: shellPromptHere from XMonad.Actions.SpawnOn freezes upon files with Chinese names

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Jan 21 01:08:44 EST 2010

Owner: ----

New issue 360 by wei.hoo: shellPromptHere from XMonad.Actions.SpawnOn
freezes upon files with Chinese names

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Bind a key combination to shellPromptHere
2. mkdir /tmp/new; cd /tmp/new
3. touch 1; touch 测试
4. Invoke shellPromptHere, type in "emacs /tmp/new/", press TAB

Observe that the shell prompt window freezes. No keybindings are
accepted, such as C-a, C-e, C-g. However, XMonad keybindings are still
effective. At this point we have to press M-q to restart XMonad.

xmonad-darcs and xmona-contrib-darcs on Arch Linux. GHC-6.12.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of
"xmonad
--recompile".

If we remove /tmp/new/1 and only keep /tmp/new/测试, typing "emacs
/tmp/new/ [TAB]" doesn't freeze the shell prompt. The Chinese-named
file isn't shown in the completion, but we can still press C-g to cancel
the shell prompt. The font I'm using does support Chinese.

PS: I kind of remember this wasn't a problem with ghc-6.10, but I'm not
sure.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  6.8 KB