[xmonad] Issue 359 in xmonad: shellPromptHere from XMonad.Actions.SpawnOn doesn't work as claimed

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Jan 20 23:20:46 EST 2010

Owner: ----

New issue 359 by wei.hoo: shellPromptHere from XMonad.Actions.SpawnOn
doesn't work as claimed

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Bind a key combination to shellPromptHere
2. On workspace 1, spawn a slow-starting program, say opera, using
shellPromptHere
3. Switch to workspace 2

What is the expected output?
The program is placed on workspace 1 where I started the program.

What do you see instead?
The program shows up on the current workspace, #2.

xmonad-darcs and xmonad-contrib-darcs on Arch Linux.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of
"xmonad
--recompile".

As a general question, how do I go about debugging issues like this? In
particular, how do I write out debugging information to
files/console/screen?

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  6.8 KB