[xmonad] Re: Issue 310 in xmonad: XMonad.Main.handle eats WM_NAME property changes

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Jan 13 15:42:48 EST 2010

Comment #2 on issue 310 by daniel.schoepe: XMonad.Main.handle eats WM_NAME
property changes

I can also confirm this behaviour and that amdragon's fix works as
expected. I
haven't noticed any other layouts misbehaving and think that would be
I attached a patch so it doesn't get lost.
Until it is applied, one can get the same behaviour by adding this to one's

broadcastPropChange ev@(PropertyEvent { ev_event_type = t, ev_atom = a })
     | t == propertyNotify && a == wM_NAME = broadcastMessage ev >> return
(All True)
broadcastPropChange _ = return (All True)
   handleEventHook = .. <+> broadcastPropChange

	broadcast_propchange.dpatch  3.7 KB