[xmonad] Layout.Gaps and PerScreen; is it going to happen?

Mikael Puhakka mr.progo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:59:48 EST 2010

Hello,

I did manage to get Conky set its struts properly against the Google
consensus (I was going to reply yesterday to say that Conky can't
strut but they were all wrong;)

However, apparently Conky sets a wrong kind of attributes to its strut:

_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 0, 201, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4032, 4239
_NET_WM_STRUT(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 0, 201

Graphically presented, this picture represents a "Full" layout with a
black terminal, red conky and white is unused background:

http://havu.viuhka.fi/kuvat/xmonad_layout_struts.png

I would very much like to have the unused strut space on the right
side all the way to the top. This way Rainlendar could sneak in
without strutting also.

I just wonder if the issue here is caused by conky (the above WM_STRUT
records indicate so, if I am reading it correctly) or avoidStruts. I
did try the more specific avoidStrutsOn [R] but it didn't do anything
besides the basic operations a plain "avoidStruts" does.

Enlighten me, o mighty one.
--Mikael