[xmonad] Copy/paste via keyboard

Chris Jones cjns1989 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:28:31 EST 2010

GNU/screen has a powerful keyboard-controlled mechanism that lets you
copy rectangular blocks, append to its paste buffer, direct the output
to a file, etc.

I like tiny fonts, and I find that using the keyboard is quicker and a
lot more accurate. When I use the mouse, I always end up either missing
some stuff, or copy-pasting extra stuff to be on the safe side.

I _think_ I saw references online to a similar copy/paste feature in
xmonad, but nothing conclusive.

Is it something that's available out of the box with 0.8 (debian
squeeze) or is it something that you need to script/configure?

Or is this just a case of wishful thinking on my part?

Thanks,

CJ