[xmonad] dzen bar not visible with the Minimize module

Francesco Mazzoli e.imhotep at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:53:11 EST 2010

I have got a problem with the Minimize module and I can't find a solution.

When I try to use it using the example code provided in the module
page, one of my two dzen bars disappear.
This is my desktop without the Minimize module:

and that's what happen when I activate it:

Here is my configuration file:

The only line of code that I change is this:
layoutHook = smartBorders $ avoidStruts (Full ||| tiled  ||| Mirror tiled)
to that:
layoutHook = smartBorders $ avoidStruts $ minimize (Full ||| tiled
||| Mirror tiled)

As you can see I have already hasked in the archlinux forum and in the
xmonad irc channel, but no one seems to have a solution.

I absolutely adore xmonad and this module would make it even better!