[xmonad] dzen2 not recognized by avoidStruts on non-rectangular desktop

Samir Unni srunni at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 06:06:55 CET 2010

On 12/22/2010 10:53 PM, Justin Bogner wrote:
> What does dzen report as its struts in both of these situations? You
> can run `xprop | grep STRUT` to see what _NET_WM_STRUT and
> _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL are reported.

If I have the 1920x1200 monitor connected, the top struts give me
something like this (I didn't grep the output, since there were only 2
lines):

_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 18, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1920, 3219, 0, 0
WM_NAME(STRING) = "dzen title"

And the bottom struts both give me just this:

WM_NAME(STRING) = "dzen title"

If the 1920x1200 monitor isn't connected, then I get something like the
top struts' output above for both the top and bottom struts.