[xmonad] dzen2 not recognized by avoidStruts on non-rectangular desktop

Samir Unni srunni at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 05:22:57 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use avoidStruts with dzen2 instances on a non-rectangular
desktop. I have a 1920x1200 monitor on the left and a 1440x900 monitor
on the right. The top edges of the monitors are aligned, so there is a
1440x300 area of dead space below the right monitor.

I have 4 dzen2 instances, one anchored to both the left and right sides
of the top and bottom edges of the 1440x900 screen. The two instances at
the top of the screen are always recognized by avoidStruts, and windows
do not overlap them. But when I have the 1920x1200 monitor connected,
the instances anchored to the bottom edge (i.e., those above the dead
space) are overlapped by windows. I am fairly sure it's a bug in the
code, as when I disconnect the 1920x1200 monitor, I have no such problems.

I'm running 64-bit Arch Linux with xmonad-darcs & xmonad-contrib-darcs
installed from the AUR, though this is also an issue with xmonad 0.9.1
from the repositories. My xmonad.hs is attached.

Thank you!!