[xmonad] Issue 405 in xmonad: Moving thunderbird Account Settings window causes background window to jump around

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Aug 27 18:38:37 EDT 2010

Owner: ----

New issue 405 by richard.adam: Moving thunderbird Account Settings window
causes background window to jump around

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start Mozilla Thunderbird and some other windows
2. Go to Account Settings in Thunderbird
3. Move the Account Settings window to try to see what's behind it
4. Click on a different window
5. Mouse over the thunderbird Account Settings window

I expect the background window to remain the same.  Instead, the background
window changes to some predefined window.  This prevents me from seeing the
window in the background while typing into the Account Settings window.

xmonad 0.8.1 on Gentoo Linux.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

Yes.  Attached.  xmonad --recompile has no output.

Perhaps this problem is related to dialogs that disallow the parent window
from being used.  It could also be a nonconformance of thunderbird, I have
no idea.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  2.3 KB