[xmonad] Using conky as the main status bar -- possible?

Mikael Puhakka mr.progo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:07:15 EDT 2010

Hello,

Story cut short: I'd like to save a few pixels and get rid of xmobar,
and use conky for various tasks. Is this possible such that I can use
dynamicLogWithPP and redirect relevat stuff to conky?

There would be some issues ahead: for instance, how conky handles
stdin. I googled and  googled and nothing came up; most of the users
like to use conky to output information to dzen. Conky with Lua works
well if I help it a little with Haskell in xmonad.hs :)

Thanks for answers,
-- Mikael