[xmonad] Tabbed layout...

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:58:48 EDT 2010

Alex Rozenshteyn <rpglover64 at gmail.com> writes:

> What if, for example, I want all windows of firefox on a specific workspace
> to tab together automatically, but no other tabs on that workspace?

There is no way of saying "tab all windows of a certain type" without
using a sub-layout (such that Firefox windows take up one part of a
screen, and other windows take up another part); tabbing is an
all-or-nothing affair.

> I guess I can see how to "add tabs to a layout" but I'm not sure what that
> actually means.

This means that you can add a tabbar to a Grid layout or something.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com