[xmonad] darcs patch: PerWindowKbdLayout

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 10:29:19 EDT 2010

* On Monday, April 26 2010, Konstantin Sobolev wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:55 AM,  <konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  * PerWindowKbdLayout
>
>What is the status of this patch? Can I improve something to get it accepted?

One consideration is that a missing XKBlib.h can stop you from building
contrib, but I'm not sure that using the C preprocessor to remove those
imports when the header is missing is much better. See the X11 library:

    Graphics/X11/ExtraTypes/XF86.hsc

On the other hand, XKBlib.h is supposedly in the libx11-dev package (for
debian/ubuntu), so users who can build the X11 binding, will be able to
build contrib. That leaves only users who use their distro backage for
haskell-X11, but want to build contrib themselves (ex. from darcs) with
issues.

I'd like to have a second opinion on these possible issues (perhaps I'm
making an issue where there is none) before pushing to contrib.

So if you want your PerWindowKbdLayout.hsc somewhere accessible in the
meantime, perhaps it could go into http://code.haskell.org/xmonad-extras/

--
Adam