[xmonad] XMC: tests/* no longer compiles

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 11:10:20 EDT 2010

* On Thursday, April 15 2010, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:

>Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> writes:
>> The QC 1 v 2 errors aside, they seem to be quite bitrotten eg. for
>> test_Selective.hs
>> test_Selective.hs:18:4:
>>     `coarbitrary' is not a (visible) method of class `Arbitrary'
>> I've pushed 1 patches updating module imports and aavogt did another,
>> but I can't seem to get ghci to load the right QuickCheck version so
>> I'm punting on fixing any other possible errors.
>Well, the .cabal file does specify QuickCheck < 2, so that should be
>right.  What versions of QuickCheck do you have installed?  Or if you're
>trying to build/run this without using Cabal, then do "ghc-pkg hide

You can build them by specifying explicitly the version of QC to use:

ghc -O2 --make -package QuickCheck- tests/test_XPrompt.hs -o xprompt

Sometimes you need a script to could be run with a script that extracts
all prop_ functions like [1], for tests like tests/test_Selective.hs

Ideally, somebody could set up something to run all tests (adding some
more), using something like [2].

[1] http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~rjmh/QuickCheck/quickcheck
[2] http://batterseapower.github.com/test-framework/