[xmonad] Re: xmonad-0.9.1 leaves zombie processes around

Tomáš Janoušek tomi at nomi.cz
Sat Apr 10 19:36:46 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 10:05:38PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> The below part from Core.hs is completely wrong, you can't just
> ignore SIGCHLD and hope for some deity cleaning up the mess. And,
> BTW the default action of SIGCHLD is SIG_IGN, so both calls of
> `installHandler sigCHLD ...' are equivalent (and thus bogus).

On a system conforming to POSIX.1-2001, you just can. The easy solution would
be to call sigaction with the SA_NOCLDWAIT flag, but System.Posix.Signals
lacks the interface to do this :-(.

Maybe we should just add that silly wait-loop sigchld handler.

Regards,
--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/