[xmonad] Re: xmonad Digest, Vol 37, Issue 4

Alexandre ac007 at bluewin.ch
Tue Apr 6 04:49:35 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 04:03:52PM +0200, Jan Vornberger wrote:
> By the way: Since you are apparently using decorations, what is your
> experience with them in general? Are you on a dual-head setup or just a
> single monitor? Because the decoration code really needs some work, I'm
> afraid. Sometimes I have problems with 'left-over' title bars that won't
> disappear and such things. I reckon there aren't many people on this
> list that are using decoration, are there?

Although the question was not addressed to me... :)

Not sure if the problem is with 'Layout.Decoration' or specifically with
'Layout.Tabbed' but :

In a 'tabbed' workspace, switching from a "normal" application to a
"transparent" urxvt is slow (1-2 seconds). On the other hand, switching
between 2 (undecorated) workspaces containing a transparent urxvt is
almost instantanous.

I'm not using urxvt with transparency anymore, because i like tabbed
more than transparency :p

Regards,
Alexandre, a verry happy XMonad user !