[xmonad] Re: xmonad Digest, Vol 37, Issue 4

Jan Vornberger Jan.Vornberger at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Mon Apr 5 10:03:52 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 09:15:59PM +0200, Alejandro Serrano Mena wrote:
> I'm now looking for some other ways to improve the image of the title bar,
> maybe using real images and backgrounds instead of list of pixels. However,
> I'm having some trouble thinking how XMonad could locate the image files in
> the disk. Does anyone have an idea about this?

I think getDataFileName and/or getDataDir provided by Cabal (by
importing Paths_xmonad_contrib) is what you are looking for. If you list
those image files under the 'data-files:' category of xmonad-contrib's
cabal file that should give you the path to where they have been
installed on the system. See the cabal manual for more information:
http://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/cabal-latest/doc/users-guide/authors.html#paths-module

By the way: Since you are apparently using decorations, what is your
experience with them in general? Are you on a dual-head setup or just a
single monitor? Because the decoration code really needs some work, I'm
afraid. Sometimes I have problems with 'left-over' title bars that won't
disappear and such things. I reckon there aren't many people on this
list that are using decoration, are there?

Cheers!
Jan