[xmonad] How to disable history in XMonad.Actions.Search.

Mike Sampson mike at sambodata.com
Sun Sep 20 04:23:46 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have recently started using XMonad.Actions.Search in conjunction
with XMonad.Actions.Submap and am finding it very useful. I'm not
overly keen on it presenting previous search terms in the prompt
though and would like to turn them off somehow. I thought the easiest
way would be to use the historyFilter field in XPConfig but am not
having any luck. I have tried both of these:

historyFilter = \x -> []

and

historyFilter =\[x] -> []

Unfortunately my history is still saved to .xmonad/history and
previous search terms are presented to me the next time I search. Is
there an easy way to change this behaviour in xmonad.hs or would it
mean a change to XMonad.Actions.Search?

Regards,

Mike