[xmonad] [patch] ppUrgent behaviour in X.H.DynamicLog

Kyle Murphy orclev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 00:19:11 EDT 2009

I'd like to see this patch included in 0.9. This address a common problem in
a variety of situations, and if the current behavior is desired it's trivial
to implement in your xmonad.hs on top of this patch, unlike the opposite
where all kinds of filtering is required to remove the ppUrgent and ppHidden
composition. There was also talk in the xmonad IRC channel about other
possible chages to DynamicLog that might want to be considered along with
this change. I know I'm not alone in including some hackery in my xmonad.hs
specifically designed to address this issue, and it's common enough that a
couple helper functions have already made it in (in the form of dzenStrip
and xmobarStrip), and it would be nice to not have to resort to such things.