[xmonad] [patch] New hook: SetCursor

Daniel Schoepe daniel.schoepe at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:02:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:00:51AM +0200, Nils wrote:
> While I understand the point of "just being a wm" and not a de, I like
> your idea. So I've set up a little startup hook which does exactly what
> you wanted to do without touching the core source of XMonad.
> Hope you like it. :)

In my opinion that would defeat the purpose of the original patch,
since, being a contrib module, it would not be enabled by
default.

Therefore a user would still have to look at the documentation and
figure out how to use that module, etc., which is at least as much
effort as finding out that you can use xsetroot, which people coming
from other minimal WMs already know.