[xmonad] Re: [patch] New hook: SetCursor

Andres Salomon dilinger at collabora.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 18:09:18 EDT 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 00:00:51 +0200
Nils <mail at n-sch.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:01:39PM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> > I've noticed that the default root cursor isn't changed from X's
> > default.  Is there a reason for this, other than just no one
> > noticing because their display manager overrides it?  I've noticed
> > this with nodm.  The patch below changes xmonad to override the
> > default cursor.
>
> While I understand the point of "just being a wm" and not a de, I like
> your idea. So I've set up a little startup hook which does exactly
> what you wanted to do without touching the core source of XMonad.
> Hope you like it. :)
>
> And sorry Andreas, my previous mail was supposed to go to the whole
> mailing list. ;)

That's fine (and what I was getting at when I asked what people
actually *wanted* when it came to configuring the cursor).  But please,
my first name has only 1 'A'.  :)

If such a mechanism makes it into xmonad, I'm happy to send patches to
the haskell-x11 folks to export the cursor definitions as well.