[xmonad] XMonad is not playing well with floating windows

Massimo Gengarelli massimo.gengarelli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 04:51:15 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I'm quite new to XMonad and haskell itself, so I really don't know if
it's a problem of my configuration file or it's the default behaviour of
XMonad.
Everytime I make a window floating, the tiled windows in background swap
between themselves, without any reason or fixed rule. If I replace them
in the order I want, they re-swap as soon as I move/resize the floated window.
I'm using Linux Gentoo and XMonad 0.8.1.
Thanks in advance.

--
Massimo Gengarelli <massimo.gengarelli at gmail.com>
 Computer Science student @ http://www.unibo.it .

Do you guys know what you're doing, or are you just hacking?