[xmonad] Re: Issue 313 in xmonad: Merge contrib's isFullscreen and doFullFloat to core

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Oct 30 22:01:29 EDT 2009

Comment #4 on issue 313 by alexey at feldgendler.ru: Merge contrib's
isFullscreen and doFullFloat to core

The isFullscreen implementation in xmonad-contrib didn't work for me at
least with
the two applications I tried (MPlayer and Opera). Then I look at the source
code of
ion3 WM, which used to handle both of them correctly, and saw what it does
<http://
ion3.sourcearchive.com/documentation/20060107/fullscreen_8c-source.html>
(see
clientwin_check_fullscreen_request). I implemented the same in a custom
query for
XMonad, and it worked.

Here is my query:

myIsFullscreen = do
   w <- ask
   fs <- isFullscreen
   if fs then return fs
         else liftX $ do
                    p <- getProp32s "_MOTIF_WM_HINTS" w
                    case p of
                      Just (flags:_:decorations:_) -> return ((flags .&. 2)
/= 0 &&
decorations == 0)
                      Nothing -> return False

Please consider merging this into isFullscreen.