[xmonad] darcs patches: Support for extensible state in contrib modules

Jan Vornberger Jan.Vornberger at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Tue Oct 27 17:59:25 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 05:48:29PM +0100, Daniel Schoepe wrote:
> These patches add support for extensible state in contrib modules to
> remove the need for having the user create IORefs for that.
> This somewhat simplifies the interface of A.SpawnOn and H.DynamicHooks
> and removes the use of unsafePerformIO in H.UrgencyHooks.

I would like to express my support for this code. I have already been
using it while working on re-implementing Bluetile's floating layout and
it seems a good solution for my needs and a useful addition in general.

Regards!

Jan