[xmonad] Issue 322 in xmonad: Background shown when workspace switches

Thomas Adam thomas.adam22 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:24:22 EDT 2009

2009/10/26  <codesite-noreply at google.com>:
> What is the expected output?
> When switching from one workspace to another, I expect the windows to come
> up directly, rather than seeing the desktop, and then having that be
> populated with windows.

But the windows have to react to Expose and then Redraw events.  On
slow machines, there's nothing you can really do about this.  You
could try enabling "SaveUnder/BackingStore" (which I don't think
XMonad supports), but even then, there's no guarantee the XServer will
support it anyway

-- Thomas Adam