[xmonad] Issue 200 in xmonad: xmonad spins in a tight loop changing focus back and forth

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Oct 26 03:45:45 EDT 2009

Comment #10 on issue 200 by wirtwolff: xmonad spins in a tight loop
changing focus back and forth

Yes, indeed, this setting makes a big difference.

SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN was not set in any environment on any of my
machines. Exporting SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk starts a fight between
OO and xmonad updatePointer for control of the mouse pointer
whenever new dialogs or toolbars get created.

SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde seems to work fine with updatePointer,
as does gen or leaving it unset. However, on these machines, as
far as kde support is concerned I've only installed the minimum
needed to run kdiff3, so most of kde is likely missing, skewing
the results.

Using gtk works fine so far with updatePointer removed from
logHook. Will try appending it to my navigation key actions
instead. That should reduce or eliminate conflicts while still
allowing gtk themed OO plus pointer updates.