[xmonad] Re: Issue 312 in xmonad: [improvement] MosaicAlt: change tall/wide

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Nov 29 00:13:37 EST 2009

Updates:
	Owner: vogt.adam

Comment #3 on issue 312 by vogt.adam: [improvement] MosaicAlt: change
tall/wide

Attached is a preliminary (not to be applied without further cleanup) patch
that sort
of does as asked-for.

It does a linear search up to 100 modification functions: this could be a
binary search.

It also breaks configs: the Rectangle could probably be a fixed one (say
Rectangle 0
0 200 200), and the W.Stack could probably be gotten from the keys of the
params
map.... the values are deliberately not the ones you can get from the
environment
with the X monad, because that breaks things with layouts like combo.

I'm bringing this up for review because I'm not sure that the new behavior
is an
improvement: there's a slight performance impact, and the old behavior
where large
aspect ratio changes only happen after multiple keypresses is a bit less
disorienting... however MosaicAlt isn't very predictable in either
variation.

Are there other users of MosaicAlt who have opinions on this?

Attachments:

preliminary-attempt-to-make-mosaicalt-more-responsive_-breaks-configs_.dpatch
93.5 KB