[xmonad] Re: Issue 335 in xmonad: Manual workspace sorting mode using extensible state

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Nov 27 18:31:45 EST 2009

Comment #2 on issue 335 by liskni.si: Manual workspace sorting mode using
extensible state

It may be of your interest that I have a rather similar workflow to what
you're doing
here. I use X.A.SwapWorkspaces and a custom, extensible state powered
module that
lets me name workspaces (the names are used _only_ in DynamicLog). This
way, I can
rename workspaces dynamically (without having their order changed, as
opposed to what
DynamicWorkspaces does), move them in the list of workspaces along with
their names,
and see the F-key numbers that correspond to them in DynamicLog, because
the list of
tags is still [1..12]. Feel free to ask me for help/comments/review/testing.