[xmonad] darcs patch: X.H.ManageDocks: ignore struts that cover an entire sc...

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:56:26 EST 2009

* On Thursday, November 19 2009, Tomas Janousek wrote:

>Thu Nov 19 15:50:43 CET 2009  Tomas Janousek <tomi at nomi.cz>
>  * X.H.ManageDocks: ignore struts that cover an entire screen on that screen
>  Please note that this semantics of _NET_WM_STRUT and _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL is
>  different to what is in wm-spec. The "correct" thing to do would be to discard
>  the covered portion of screen 1 leaving two narrow areas at the sides, but
>  this new behaviour is probably more desirable in many cases, at least for
>  xmonad/xmobar users.
>
>  The correct solution of having separate _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL for each
>  Xinerama screen was mentioned in wm-spec maillist in 2007, but has never
>  really been proposed, discussed and included in wm-spec. Hence this "hack".
>
>--
>Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/

This looks exactly what is needed for issue 316. Thanks for writing the
patch. When I apply the patch this happens:

> darcs: Cannot apply this patch bundle, since we're missing:
> Thu Nov 19 06:25:47 EST 2009  Tomas Janousek <tomi at nomi.cz>
>   * tweaked MouseResizableTile

Please send that patch, or re-record the changes to ManageDocks such
that it doesn't depend on that patch. You can make sure that the patch
bundle includes all required patches doing using:

> darcs send -O http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib # or whatever the destination is

I'm not sure that the concern for standards is a big deal here, since
the current buggy behavior isn't reasonable (as in issue 316):

Adam