[xmonad] xmonad-extras is now on hackage

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 12 16:24:07 EST 2009

Quoting Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>:

> Is there a blog post somewhere describing xmonad-extras?

There isn't as far as I know, though the documentation should more or
less tell everything interesting there is to know about it:
http://projects.haskell.org/xmonad-extras/

As a high-level overview:
X.P.MPD provides an xmonad-prompt for finding and adding music to an
mpd playlist
X.P.Eval and X.A.Eval provide ways of evaluating arbitrary Haskell
expressions in the context of the running xmonad
X.A.Volume provides an interface to the ALSA mixer, with functions to
adjust the volume and muting

I suppose the next question is going to be, "will you write a blog
post somewhere describing xmonad-extras"? =P

~d