[xmonad] Issue 328 in xmonad: RunOrRaise and dbus(?)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Nov 3 13:12:36 EST 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 328 by grapescan: RunOrRaise and dbus(?)

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set some bindings like this:
  ("M-t", runOrRaise "transmission" (className =? "Transmission"))
or
  ("M-w", runOrRaise "firefox" (className =? "Shiretoko"))
2. Try to run these programs with created shortcuts
3. Try to run these programs without created shortcuts (i.e. from terminal
or gmrun)

Starting from terminal or gmrun looks fine while using shortcuts causes
strange behavior. Firefox complains about connecting to session:
"/usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally without any error message".
Transmission doesn't want to open torrents from Firefox (torrents opened
with Transmission from web-browser). It says something like "Transmission
is already started."

I use actual version of ArchLinux. I checked dbus packages - they seem to
be OK. Packages xmonad-darcs and xmonad-contrib-darcs built a few weeks ago.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  5.3 KB