[xmonad] Summary of unapplied patches: XMonad core
gwern0 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 20:36:52 EDT 2009
It's that time of the month again, where we gander at
and see what patches yet wander mournfully the outer dark!
- 20080512200857: add warpGeometry field to XConf by Lukas Mai <l.mai at web.de>
This has been outstanding for a year now. Is it rejected?
Accepted? I've cc'd Lukas, maybe he knows more. But still, a year with
no resolution of a patch doesn't reflect well on our process.
- 20080516200947: quick hack to avoid infinite (but breakable) loop
when using Tabbed. by David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
I'm marking this as rejected. Spencer weighed in with some arcane
X11 issue that rendered it unsuitable and Dr. Roundy seemed to agree,
- 20080605045423: pass mouse clicks on to focused windows
(experimental) by Lukas Mai <l.mai at web.de>
No comments, as with Lukas's other patch.
- 20080622151804: Use threadWaitRead to avoid blocking in nextEvent in
the main loop by Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>
An amended version which fixed an objection by Brandon. No
comments on the amended version...
- 20080715143436: keyActions moved to XState by Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva <marcot at riseup.net>
Another old stalwart of the patch-review email. My email a few
months ago soliciting comments on this received no reply.
- 20081008162906: Switch screen for leaveNotify events by Joachim
Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
No comments on Joachim's patch.
- 20081008164506: change screen by clicking on an empty screen by
Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
Spencer apparently pushed a similar patch. I've marked it obsolete.
- 20081125211944: Correctly implement section 4.1.7 of ICCCM by Roman
Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info>
Apparently blocked on a getWMHints patch than Roman needs to send?
- 20081213210602: Grab all keycodes linked to each keysym, not just
one by svein.ove at aas.no
byorgey asked Svein what the purpose of this patch was. Svein has
yet to answer. I'm leaning towards marking this one rejected - Svein
has had almost half a year to reply.
- 20090111185253: Support for custom X Event handler by Daniel
Schoepe <asgaroth_ at gmx.de>
A little confusing. Spencer says he applied it, but when I look at
my local repo, the only similar patch by Daniel that I see is 'Support
for custom event hooks'. Did Spencer apply something else?
- 20090114215556: Replaced custom forever_ by library function by
Daniel Schoepe <asgaroth_ at gmx.de>
The discussion of this centered on how it broke on some ancient
GHC being used in Debian stable and the old BSDs (GHC 6.6,
specifically, I think). Inasmuch as no one has stepped up to the plate
to unbreak xmonad & xmonadcontrib on 6.6, I think this should be
applied; it's not worsening the situation, and it makes the source
- 20090320024624: man_xmonad.hs: import Data.Monoid for mempty,
keybinding edits by wirtwolff at gmail.com
Spencer says he applied it, but again, I don't see any trace of it
locally. Did we change repos from http://code.haskell.org/xmonad and
someone not tell me? :)
- 20090321232907: Add lib to ghc searchpath with recompilation check
by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
Another lonely patch with no comments or review.
- 20090424012750: Use System.FilePath.(</>) instead of (++ "/" ++) in
Core.hs by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
- 20090503235415: Only watch mtime for .hs, .lhs, .hsc for
~/.xmonad/lib by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
- 20090321233736: Pester the user with one (not two) xmessages on
config errors by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
Another lonely patch. It sounds good to me, and the change seems reasonable.
- 20090408185956: Use window's border width in floatLocation by
Daniel Schoepe <asgaroth_ at gmx.de>
Spencer seemed to think this would break as much as it fixed; so
I've marked it rejected.
- 20090516104753: Fix for Tall documentation by Khudyakov Alexey
<alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>
Amended doc bug fix. Doesn't seem to be any reason it hasn't been applied.
More information about the xmonad