[xmonad] pidgin notifications

flipser1336 at web.de flipser1336 at web.de
Sat May 16 16:20:57 EDT 2009

I think the problem is, that you now have no tray icon. You can get one for example with trayer or docker.
(if you use trayer, don't forget --SetDockType true --SetPartialStrut true, so that xmonad makes a gap for the tray)

A alternative is having a status bar, for example dzen with this plugin:
An advantage of this is, that you even don't need to hover over the icon with the mouse