[xmonad] Regarding gsoc: compositing support

Marco van Hulten marco at hulten.org
Sat Mar 28 07:08:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:09:59 -0700 Don wrote:
> vogt.adam:
> > * On Friday, March 27 2009, Don Stewart wrote:
> >
> > >valery.vv:
> > >
> > >FYI, this has a low chance of acceptance, since it benefits few in
> > >the Haskell community.
> >
> > Quite true, the other projects seem to be more useful, so this one
> > isn't worth pursuing (as a gsoc project)?
>
> It didn't get accepted last year, despite a strong candidate, because
> of its low return to the community.

Forgive my ignorance, but does a "low return to the community" mean
that it either is not very useful for say the productivity of a user of
xmonad or that it is not interesting to a Haskell programmer?

Marco
--
"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.  I think
it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check." -- M.C. Escher