[xmonad] Issue 283 in xmonad: Xmonad hangs up often

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Mar 14 16:27:44 EDT 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 283 by sonuxp: Xmonad hangs up often

Xmonad on my system hangs up often which is very annoying

The only common thing that I have found in common in all the 'hang ups' is
an entry

'mtrr: type mismatch for d0000000,10000000 old: write-back new:
write-combining'  or

'bonobo-activation-server (akrohit-16111): could not associate with desktop
session'

in my /var/log/messages file

These also occurs when I run gnome, but does not result in system freeze.

When the above occurs I am not able to change workspace, neither am able to
pop up menu to run any command.

The only way out is killing X session by "Ctrl-Alt-Backspace" and relogin
again.

I am using xmonad 0.8 on Ubuntu 8.10 amd64

Attaching the /var/log/messages and xmonad.hs file

Attachments:
	messages  339 KB
	xmonad.hs  1.7 KB