[xmonad] shiftmask stopped working

Jim Burton jim at sdf-eu.org
Thu Mar 12 06:26:06 EDT 2009

Hi, I upgraded my OS from ubuntu hardy to intrepid and shiftMask stopped
working in xmonad 0.8. Keybindings like M-p work but M-S-p does nothing or
tries to enter 'P' into the window with focus. I'm still using the same
keyboard & kbd layout. This is part of my xmonad.hs:

myKeys (XConfig {modMask = modm}) =
               M.fromList [ ((modm .|. shiftMask,   xK_p),      spawn
"bash -ci emacs")
                          , ((modm,                 xK_F2),     spawn
                          , ((modm .|. shiftMask,   xK_Tab),    windows
                          , ((modm .|. controlMask, xK_Delete), spawn
                          , ((modm,                 xK_p),      spawn
                          , ((modm .|. shiftMask,   xK_z),      spawn
"gnome-screensaver-command -l")

Jim Burton