[xmonad] Re: Removing border around gkrellm

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Mon Mar 9 13:03:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

Michał Trybus <komar007 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> is there a way to remove the border around a particular window?
> In particular, is there a way to use
> XMonad.Actions.NoBorders.toggleBorder inside a managehook?
> I'm bad at haskell and xmonad internals and have no idea how to wrap
> toggleBorder to use inside of:
> composeAll[
>   resource =? "gkrellm" --> ...
> ]
> I've been simply trying to have the same effect as M.fromList [((modm,
> xK_g), withFocused toggleBorder)] does, but automatically.

I'm not sure if this exactly what you want, but what i do is:

 - Configure gkrellm to behave as a dock app (in the Properties of the
   General config settings)
 - Configure xmonad layout manager to handle docks:
     import XMonad.Hooks.ManageDocks
     myManageHook = manageDocks <+> (composeAll [ ... ] )

This makes gkrellm being handled in the same way as docks in other wms.

HTH,
jao
--
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
 -Elbert Hubbard