[xmonad] Changing module headers

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:59:31 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Don Stewart<dons at galois.com> wrote:
> gwern0:
>>
>> So I mentioned a while ago I meant to go over XMC using the 'sim' tool
>> (with an invocation like sim_mira `find . -name "*.hs"` - I discovered
>> recently that it had Miranda support, which means quasi-Haskell
>> support). But the results are littered with comments.
>>
>> Particularly obnoxious are the module headers, in part because they
>> all seem to use '--' comments even if they cover dozens of lines.
>> Would anyone object if I were to edit those to use {- -} style (and
>> push those edits without review)?
>>

> Yep. Let's not change the style. But change the tool to support the
> style.
>
> I'm not familiar with 'sim'. What does it do?
>
> -- Don

As in my previous email in April on the topic: sim is a tool for
discovering textual repetition
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2009-April/007722.html It
works reasonably well, but the output is much harder to read than it
needs to be because of the module headers.

As you can see, mailman mangled my email, so I'm forwarding the
original to you & Spencer (as the only 2 to reply).

--
gwern