[xmonad] Bug in X.A.Submap

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 19 23:37:03 EDT 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 06:27 , Khudyakov Alexey wrote:
> Below is snippet from X.A.Submap. Quick research shown that
> keymasks m and m' has bit (1<<13) set when russian layout chosen.
> I have no idea how to interpret it. All valid keymasks are <=
> (1<<12) as
> declared in X11 headers.

According to X11/extensions/XKB.h, modifier mask bits starting at
(1<<13) indicate group state.  (See XkbBuildCoreState() which builds
an event value when Xkb is active.)  I *think* you want this; while I
don't know the Russian keyboard layout, xmonad's default key bindings
are less than mnemonic if you're using the Hebrew or Arabic layouts :)
so you may want to define a separate, mnemonic key mapping for use in
Russian.

(The flip side of this is if you change the group number the Russian
layout maps to, you need to make the same change to your xmonad key
bindings; this strikes me as bad.)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu