[xmonad] XMonad.Actions.Volume

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Jun 18 19:34:27 EDT 2009

Quoting Russell Adams <RLAdams at AdamsInfoServ.Com>:

> I don't see the point in extending Xmonad to do this.
>
> I have a ton of items bound to keys for Amarok (vol up/down,
> next/prior, del, start/stop) all via shell scripts:

You're right.  The actions themselves aren't that interesting.  For
amixer, you don't even need a shell script for changing the volume,
just spawn "amixer Master 10%+" or "amixer Master 10%-" to raise or
lower the volume, respectively.  What's interesting about the module
is that it returns the result of the change to the caller.  The idea
is that you can then connect this to an OSD.  Daniel Schoepe already
showed an example for osd_cat, and I plan on making something for
ghosd as well in my copious free time. ;-)

Cheers,
~d