[xmonad] Problem with Emacs and XMonad

Bruce Stephens xmonad at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:02:45 EDT 2009

Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan at gmail.com> writes:


> Even when merging .Xdefaults it doesn't work. Are you by any chance
> using emacsclient? Because this only seems to happen with the first
> frame opened with normal Emacs. Any additional frames in the same
> Emacs instances behave correctly.

I am (I think the -daemon flag is one of the nicest improvements).

I also noticed I had some face setting in .emacs, but I removed that
and ran emacs-snapshot, and the font is indeed liberation mono (and
presumably the size I specified---it looks fine).

In my .Xdefaults I've got this:

Emacs*FontBackend: xft,x
emacs-snapshot.font: liberation mono-9

(The executable is called emacs-snapshot.  I also use Emacs 22, with
the name "emacs", so I want to be able to configure that too.  I think
it ignores the FontBackend resource.)

More information about the xmonad mailing list