[xmonad] More trouble with KDE apps

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Jun 9 12:22:18 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 07:28:36AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> > Hy John,
> > what tray-application are you using? Gnome-Panel and a Tray-Applet? Trayer?
>
> Hi Dominik,
>
> I'm running full KDE, just not kwin.  So it's whatever KDE 4 calls its
> "System Tray".  It sits in my KDE panel.  All these things have new
> names in KDE4.  In KDE3, I would have said it sits inside kicker, but
> I'm not positive what it's called now.
>
> It's the exact same thing that runs when I use kwin, and works then.

Here's another question.  I'm using KDE4.  One of the wiki pages
mentioned kde4Config, which doesn't seem to be in the released
xmonad.  It might be good to make sure that the wiki only contains
released features.

Meanwhile, what's the timeline on getting kde4Config support into
a release?  And would using kde4Config instead of kdeConfig make any
difference on this problem?

-- John