[xmonad] More trouble with KDE apps

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Jun 8 21:02:14 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I wrote a couple of weeks ago that kpowermon opened a full window with
its icon, rather than going in the tray.

That was annoying, but today I discover Amarok is doing the same
thing.  That's MORE annoying, because I really want to use it.  So it
opens a full window with junk in it, except the center, which has its
small tray-sized icon.  This in additional to its regular window, of
course.

Any ideas what to do about this?  This is KDE 4.  The majority of apps
work just fine, both KDE and Gnome, but a few are misbehaving
strangely like this.  Again, I did not have the problem before
switching to xmonad.  I am using the KDE configs in xmonad.

-- John