[xmonad] XMonad + Xinerama + Gnome + Ubuntu = No Love

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 2 21:42:10 EDT 2009

i think this is the correct behaviour.  i'm not sure how to get it to work
the way you seem to want it to, where all monitors change.

it took me a little adjustment, but now i (for the most part) prefer this
monitor by monitor changing, rather than changing all screens, as i was
accustomed to in plain ol' kde.

it's actually much more useful like that.  at least with three monitors
anyway.  :)

9 desktops, each the size of a screen (not spanning all), and can be swapped
around to any of my three monitors (or two in your case).

so if i have say, desktop 1 on the left, 2 in the middle and 3 on the right,
and i then meta 1 onto the one on the right, 3 would move to the one on the
left.

this the kind of "weird" behaviour you've been getting?

2009/6/3 fREW Schmidt <frioux at gmail.com>

> Hey guys,
>
> I am using xmonad with gnome on my dual screen desktop and I am getting
> some really weird results.  Windows will show up correctly on both monitors,
> but switching desktops (with Meta 1, 2, 3) doesn't switch both of the
> monitors, only the active one.  It's like the non active screen follows me
> and sometimes switches sides...  Very strange.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong?
>
> --
> fREW Schmidt
> http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com

http://www.gaudiepod.org.uk gaudiepod.org.uk website gallery and forum.
 prints available to buy.  digital images available for price at your
discression.
http://tinyurl.com/gaudiepodforum