[xmonad] Virtual desktops gnome style?

Joseph Garvin joseph.h.garvin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 10:04:53 EDT 2009

In gnome, each virtual desktop in the pager is really a pair of
virtual desktops if you have two monitors. So if you start a new
session, then load up some stuff on both monitors, then switch to
desktop 2, now nothing is visible -- both monitors are on a fresh
slate, and so on for however many virtual desktops you have. I'd
really prefer if xmonad followed the same behavior. Is there an easy
way to code this? My haskell-fu is weak. Or maybe there's a contrib
module that does what I want already?