[xmonad] Layout for GIMP. How to?

Sean Escriva sean.escriva at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:08:36 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 02:13:11PM +0400, Khudyakov Alexey wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to create layout for Gimp. It's program which really asked for
> clever layout and otherwise not very usable.

... agreed! so much more usable tiled.

> How should it work in my opinion. Screen is separated in three vertical areas.
> Left is for tools. Center is working area. Right for docks. Right and central
> area has own layouts. Center must have way to change layouts.
>
> Other ideas are welcome too.

I happen to have enough vertical resolution to use only one pane for
tools. I'm using the same setup as sereven's config [1] basically:

gimp     = reflectHoriz $
           named "Gimp" $
           withIM (11/64) (Role "gimp-toolbox") $
           ResizableTall 2 (1/118) (11/20) [5/4,5/4,5/4]

This uses IM, Named and Reflect.

[1]
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Config_archive/sereven%27s_xmonad.hs