[xmonad] Issue 307 in xmonad: pidgin message windows change repeatedly grow on a multi-monitor setup

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Jul 31 09:27:07 EDT 2009

Comment #1 on issue 307 by daniel.spoonhower: pidgin message windows change
repeatedly grow on a multi-monitor setup

This also occurs in my setup, but not just with Pidgin. It also with
gnome-volume-control.  Both are managed with doFloat.  The ratio between
the sizes of
two instances of a given window is roughly the same as the ratio between my
screens.

A seemingly-related (but less intrusive behavior) also occurs with gnuplot:
windows
that appear on the larger screen are first rendered as if they appeared on
the
smaller screen (meaning that the plot only covers a portion of the window);
the plot
is then automatically scaled to fill the entire window.