[xmonad] switching windows' Z-order?

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Sun Jul 5 10:24:30 EDT 2009

Hmm, this is weird.  I just Mod-click on the window I want to have in
front, and it does it.  No mods to the standard xmonad config required.
That is, I use the same combination I use to move windows around to
raise it.

Cheers,
Norbert

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 12:11:10PM +0800, Chengqi(Lars) Song wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem when using gimp. all Gimp's windows are set to be float. But when I open two pictures, the 1st one's window is covered by the 2nd one. And there is no way to switch their Z-order so that the 1st one can be brought to front. Is there any way to always bring the focused window front?
>
> thanks
> lars

"And it happened all the time that the compromise between two perfectly
rational alternatives was something that made no sense at all."
  -- Neal Stephenson, Anathem