[xmonad] tabbed, floating & focus

Henrique G. Abreu hgabreu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:39:05 EDT 2009

I've just tested your hack and it worked, but not very well.
When I placed a floating window on a tabbed workspace, changed the focus
from floating and tiled alternately, it worked as expected.
But when I closed the floating window, the tiled windows just switched as
before, which is not a big problem.
The real problem happened when I tried to float a tiled window, xmonad got
crazy.
xmonad process got a 100% usage on a core and the 'screen' were not updated
anymore, only the later window had the focus. No way to change the focus or
do anything.
Hopefully this window I tried to float were a terminal and was able to kill
xmonad and re-run it without kill X or logging ssh.
(xmonad --restart didn't worked)

Anyway, this switching focus problem is really annoying.
I'm willing to test anymore hacks you build :P

Henrique G. Abreu